WEEE Compliance in the United Kingdom
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive in the UK:
Gullco International is WEEE Compliant
Under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive and implementing regulations, when customers buy new Gullco electrical and electronic equipment they are entitled to:
- Send old equipment for recycling on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis;
- Send the new equipment back for recycling when this ultimately becomes waste.
Instructions to customers using Gullco products who wish recycling information is listed below.
Collection and Recycling Arrangements in the United Kingdom
In the United Kingdom Gullco International (U.K.) Limited (Gullco U.K.) has the legal responsibility to:
- Register as the WEEE producer in the United Kingdom
- Finance arrangements for collection and recycling of WEEE arising from Gullco equipment that is sold in the United Kingdom
Under the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations, for equipment that you buy from Gullco U.K. after August 2005, Gullco U.K. is required to provide arrangements for the collection, treatment, recycling and recovery of WEEE that your new purchase replaces, on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis. The old equipment that your new Gullco purchase replaces is referred to as Historic WEEE.
Under the UK WEEE Regulations, Gullco U.K. is also required to provide arrangements for the collection, treatment, recycling and recovery of any new electrical and electronic equipment that you buy from Gullco U.K. after August 2005, when that new equipment eventually becomes waste. This is referred to as New WEEE.
Gullco U.K. uses the services of Gullco U.K. uses the services of M.D.J. Light Bros for the reuse, treatment and recycling of its WEEE. for the reuse, treatment and recycling of its WEEE.
Gullco U.K. is required to provide these arrangements starting from 1 July 2007.
Gullco products are very competitively priced. Any new increase in operating costs for manufacturers such as Gullco is normally reflected in a price increase in the product. However, instead of increasing the prices of our products, Gullco has decided to share these new environmental costs directly with our customers. We believe in being transparent with you on any new environmental costs that our products need to address.
Our approach to sharing these new environmental costs is:
- Gullco pays for the costs of treatment, recycling and recovery of the WEEE by M.D.J. Light Bros to meet the targets set by the WEEE Regulations;
- Gullco pays for the costs of data management and reporting to the Environment Agency to demonstrate compliance with all administrative requirements of the WEEE Regulations;
- You pay for transportation of your WEEE to M.D.J. Light Bros.
To comply with the UK Duty of Care Regulations the transport of your waste to the recycler must be accompanied by suitable documentation. You must also keep a signed copy of this documentation for two years.
In order to meet this requirement and to enable M.D.J. Light Bros to identify Gullco equipment upon arrival at the recycler’s address, please download the Recycling Label for British Customers. Complete the label with your company details and attach it to a suitable box for transport to M.D.J. Light Bros.